More pages in this section
Ryan Catholic College lives the Emmaus Story, inspiring students in their journey to a life of faith, service, compassion and learning. Our inclusive community challenges and prepares our young people to embrace their future with confidence and success.
We strive to educate our students within a community centred on the Gospel of Jesus. Our faith is nurtured and expressed through our curriculum, prayer and liturgy, and our relationships.
In accordance with our Mission Statement this charter expresses our vision for educating our students from Prep to Year 12.
We care about:
- developing faith in a loving and caring God, and the integration of faith and daily living;
- the development of the academic, social, physical, spiritual and emotional potential of each student;
- imparting academic skills, fostering the ability to cope with schoolwork and enabling each student to achieve success;
- celebrating each student's uniqueness, gifts and talents, leading to a genuine self-esteem;
- striving to make learning and teaching exciting and stimulating for students and teachers;
- the health and safety of students, and the fostering of appropriate self- discipline;
- ensuring the continued development of the College community - students, teachers and parents working together towards common goals;
- offering pastoral support to families as needed.
We commit ourselves to:
- developing an harmonious, safe and just College environment where students and staff will be encouraged and supported;
- developing a quality learning environment which promotes curriculum principles of access, success and balance;
- enabling each student to experience success by positive affirmation and setting attainable goals, thus planning for the developmental progression of each student;
- recognising the rights of students and parents to be involved in planning and implementing curriculum;
- celebrating our involvement in the liturgical, educational and social development of each child in our care;
- fostering attitudes in students which will lead to an appreciation of their uniqueness; including in our curriculum the opportunity to celebrate the love of God in life and each other, fostering an atmosphere of respect and stewardship for our earth and each other;
- developing the community concept and experience of Ryan through the continuing collaboration of the students, families, staff and friends in all aspects of the life of the College.
- a process of continuing renewal.
Affirmation - We rejoice:
- in the opportunity to touch young minds, assisting our students to reach their potential;
- in helping our students grow in self-esteem and a desire for learning;
- in celebrating the love of God in our lives and each other;
- in sharing our time with the students, staff, families and friends of our College community.
- We balance our work and play
- We treat everyone with dignity and respect
- We live by the Gospel values
- We strive for quality before quantity
We would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land, the Wulgurukaba people. We also acknowledge their neighbouring brothers and sisters on the land, the Bindal people. We pay our respects to elders past present and emerging. May we walk gently and peacefully on this land together.